Asafoetida (Hing) – 25 gm
Herm’s Hing Powder can be used as per your requirements for flavouring.
Availability: 176 in stock
Herms Hing is 100% pure and natural and contains no added artificial flavours, aroma and colourants in it. Hing is a dried latex gum that is derived from the sap of the giant fennel plant. The gum is harvested by making a cut on the trunk of the plant, and the sap oozes out and is collected. Asafoetida, also known as asafoetida, is one of the most frequently used ingredients in Indian cuisine. It has a strong flavour, which makes it the perfect addition to many dishes, especially those with lentils and pulses. You will also find hing in golgappas, papad, and pickles, among other condiments and food items. Apart from adding great flavour to food, Asafoetida also has numerous health benefits.
Hing has analgesic properties that help reduce pain during menstruation. It also helps improve blood circulation in the body which in turn relieves pain. A concoction of Asafoetida powder mixed with water should be taken twice a day or hing paste can be applied on the abdomen area to get relief from menstrual pain. It contains compounds that help reduce inflammation and promote blood circulation. Hing aids digestion by stimulating digestive enzymes that break down fat and carbohydrates and also helps treat flatulence, bloating, nausea, and acidity.
Being a rich source of minerals like selenium, manganese, iron, copper, calcium, zinc and magnesium, Asafoetida also have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help to relieve headache. Just boil some water and add a pinch of hing in it. For effective results, drink this water a couple of times in a day.
- 100% pure and organic: Hing or asafoetida is obtained from the sap of a plant’s stem and roots. It is also certified organic by India Organic, USDA Organic, Onecert and Jaivik Bharat
- Helps in weight loss: If you are looking at shedding those extra kilos, then consuming hing can help you out. It aids digestion and improves the metabolism rate in the body, leading to weight loss
- Helps with gastrointestinal problems: Asafoetida is very effective in treating gastrointestinal problems due to their natural laxative quality. It helps relieve constipation, bloating and gas problems by promoting healthy bowel movements. Thus, it improves your overall digestion process
- Controls blood pressure levels: Consuming hing on a regular basis helps in controlling high blood pressure levels. It also improves blood circulation in your body by reducing cholesterol levels, thus preventing atherosclerosis
- Adds flavour: Hing is added to dishes to enhance the flavour. It has a distinct smell, which adds a unique taste to the dish. This spice is also used as an ingredient in making various pickles, chutneys, Sambar and Rasam