Carom Seeds (Ajwain) – 200gm
- 100% pure and organic
- Treats digestive disorders
- Ajwain water for weight loss
- Fight against common cold
- Soothes sore muscles
Availability: 96 in stock
Ajwain are also known as ajowan caraway, bishop’s weed, or carom—is an annual herb in the family Apiaceae. It has an oval shape, resembling caraway and cumin. It has a slightly bitter and pungent taste, with a flavour similar to anise and oregano. Ajwain seeds are a rich source of iron, manganese and dietary fiber. The seed contains many components including thymol which gives it its unique aroma. Even a small amount of ajwain tends to dominate the flavour of a dish.
Ajwain contains powerful antioxidants that function as bioactive phytochemicals present in different parts of the plant, which is extracted from its leaves and essential oils. These components work together to help treat various health problems. Ajwain seeds help in stimulating the secretion of gastric juices that aid the digestion process. They are also effective in relieving stomach aches due to indigestion or flatulence. You can take ajwain either by mixing it with water or by sprinkling it on your food items to get rid of digestive problems like constipation and diarrhoea. Ajwain water helps in weight loss by controlling cholesterol levels, reducing food cravings, improving digestion, preventing bloating, fighting constipation and stimulating metabolism.
These seeds can be used to treat fungal and bacterial infections. Due to its antimicrobial properties, it can treat nail fungus and athlete’s foot. Ajwain oil can be applied to wounds as it can prevent infection by killing bacteria and fungi.
This spice is used as a flavouring agent in vegetable dishes and is sometimes added to chutneys and lentil dishes such as dal to increase their flavour. Among other things, it is used to preserve pickles. In Indian cuisine, it is often part of a chaunk (tempering), heated in oil or ghee along with other ingredients such as cumin seeds, mustard seeds or dried chillies to impart its flavour onto the dish being cooked. They are used in soups and curries, giving them a distinctive flavour.
- 100% pure and organic: Ajwain or Carom seeds are a common spice found in every Indian kitchen. These tiny dark brown seeds have a bitter and warm taste. They are used as a flavour enhancer in various dishes
- Treats digestive disorders: The consumption of ajwain after meals helps in the digestion of food by stimulating the secretion of gastric enzymes. It also helps in soothing the pain associated with stomach cramps and gas
- Ajwain water for weight loss: Ajwain seeds have plenty of nutritional benefits that make them a great remedy for weight loss. They are low in calories but high in fibre content that can keep your stomach full for longer. They also help improve metabolism and digestion which aids weight loss
- Fight against common cold: Ajwain has antifungal and antibacterial properties which help fight against the common cold. Boil a teaspoon of ajwain in water and add a teaspoon of honey to the mixture and have it twice a day to fight against the cold
- Soothes sore muscles: Massaging hot ajwain seeds helps to treat arthritis by relieving the pain and stiffness of joints.