Dry Fenugreek (Kasoori Methi) – 50 gm
Herm’s Kasoori Methi is obtained by dehydrating the Fenugreek in hot air in
controlled conditions and thus acts as a great flavour enhancer.
Availability: 84 in stock
Herms Dry Fenugreek (Kasuri Methi) is dried fenugreek leaves. The leaves are dried under the sun and then crumbled to form these small dark green pieces. They have a strong bitter taste but when added to the food, they lend a very pleasant flavour to it. Some people use fenugreek leaves as a supplement due to its high concentration of vitamins and minerals and its potential health benefits.
Kasuri methi contains protein, fibre, vitamin C, niacin, potassium, iron and alkaloids that are beneficial for health. It helps in controlling diabetes by lowering blood glucose levels. It also reduces cholesterol, controls symptoms of menopause, helps with gastrointestinal problems and is considered good for bones.
Kasuri methi is useful for flavouring soups and stews, or sprinkled over curries and vegetable dishes. There are many uses of kasuri methi in Indian cuisine. In India, it is mostly used in Punjabi dishes like paneer tikka masala, paneer butter masala and so on. Kasuri methi can be added to chicken or fish curry or sprinkled on top of butter chicken before serving, to add extra delightful flavour to the dishes.
In addition to its culinary uses, Dry Fenugreek offers many medicinal benefits. When combined with buttermilk or yoghurt it helps soothe acidity and indigestion. When ground into a powder it can help treat skin diseases such as ringworm or scabies. When made into an infusion it helps relieve coughs and sore throats. It can be used as a mouthwash to prevent gum disease and mouth ulcers when mixed with water and salt.
How to use it:
When using kasuri methi, crumble a small amount between your fingertips first to release the flavour. Toasting the leaves for a few seconds in a dry pan brings out the flavour even more.
- Rich, earthy aroma: Dried fenugreek leaves when sprinkled over curries and vegetable dishes, adds a lovely flavour to the food. It can be used in raw or dry roast form
- Helps in controlling diabetes: Fenugreek leaves help slow down the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream. The seeds also contain galactomannan, a soluble fibre that helps regulate blood sugar levels
- Reduces cholesterol: Dry Fenugreek seeds contain steroidal saponins which help lower LDL (or bad) cholesterol levels while increasing HDL (or good) cholesterol levels in the body. The high fibre content in kasuri methi also helps reduce cholesterol absorption in the body
- Helps with gastrointestinal problems: Kasuri methi acts as a carminative, which means it helps relieve flatulence and bloating. Try chewing on the leaves after a big meal to stimulate digestion and reduce gas production!
- Quality assured pack: The Dry Fenugreek contains no added chemicals and is also certified organic by India Organic, USDA Organic, Onecert and Jaivik Bharat.