Rice flakes (Poha) – 400 gm
- 100% pure and natural
- Improves digestion
- No added chemicals
- Helps in weight loss
- Boosts brain power
Availability: 86 in stock
Herms Rice Flakes are made from paddy that is harvested and then parboiled. The outer husk is then removed and the grains are flattened in rollers. These flattened rice are then packed in a hygienic manner. This process ensures that they cook faster when compared to regular rice grains. It also enhances the nutritional value of the rice flakes, making them easier to digest. Rice flakes are a rich source of iron and carbohydrates, which makes it a power-packed breakfast option for people suffering from anaemia.
They contain almost no fat or cholesterol, which makes them an ideal food for those who want to lose weight or watch their cholesterol levels. It is easy to cook and is frequently recommended as a food for infants and convalescents. They also contain a good amount of fibre, which helps promote good digestion and prevent constipation. Being rich in fibre also promotes a slow and steady release of sugar into the bloodstream, thereby preventing any sudden spikes in blood sugar levels. This low-calorie poha is also rich in Vitamin B1, which is essential for the proper functioning of our nervous system.
Poha can be eaten either sweet or salty, depending on the dish being prepared with it. It can be used as an ingredient in snacks like chivda. It is usually served with lemon wedges, chopped onions, coriander leaves, grated coconut, fried peanuts or as a poha chivda. It can also be had with jaggery (gur) and milk cream (malai). It is seasoned with salt, green chillies, garlic, mustard seeds etc.
Rice Flakes Benefits
- 100% pure and natural: Rice flakes also known as poha is prepared by parching the organically grown rice grains, which are then flattened into thin and dry flakes. This flattened rice is considered a great breakfast option and also eaten as an evening snack
- Improves digestion: Rice flakes are considered easy to digest and can be eaten even by those suffering from digestive ailments such as irritable bowel syndrome or acidity. They are believed to be good for those suffering from constipation too
- No added chemicals: Organically grown with no use of chemicals whatsoever, not even pesticides, fertilisers residues, it is certified organic by India Organic, USDA Organic, Onecert and Jaivik Bharat
- Helps in weight loss: The antioxidants present in poha makes you feel full for a longer period and thus it is suggested to all sportsmen, athletes and students who need that extra energy without putting on weight
- Boosts brain power: The carbohydrates present in poha help boost brain power and give more energy to a person. People who eat poha as their breakfast are found to have stronger memory power than others who don’t consume
Also Check: Crushed Wheat (Dalia)