Sabudana (Sago) – 800 gm
- 100% pure and natural
- Boosts energy
- Helps in weight gain
- Improves digestion
- Protects against cardiovascular diseases
- certified organic by India Organic, USDA Organic, Onecert and Jaivik Bharat
Availability: 58 in stock
Herms Sabudana khichdi is made from tapioca starch which is collected from the spongy centre of tropical palm trees. Sabudana pearls are white in colour and are hard to touch. They are translucent and have a starchy flavour. 100% pure sabudana is an excellent source of energy as they contain good amounts of carbohydrates. A great source of energy, sabudana is used to break a fast during Navratri or other religious occasions in India.
The dietary fibre present in sabudana promotes digestive health. It also regulates bowel movements and prevents constipation because of its laxative properties. The soluble fibre present in sabudana prevents high cholesterol and controls blood sugar levels. It is also rich in carbohydrates and helps increase the strength of muscles.
Sabudana contains many essential vitamins like thiamin (B1), folic acid (B9) etc., which are beneficial for the body, especially during pregnancy or while trying to conceive. Folic acid, which is found abundantly in sabudana, plays an important role in preventing neural tube defects that affect the brain and spinal cord of the foetus during pregnancy.
Sabudana is enriched with Vitamin C which has antioxidant properties that helps in fighting various diseases by preventing free radical formation in our body and also helps in healing wounds faster. It also aids in making collagen which is important for the skin.
A good breakfast option for people who fast, sabudana is a great source of energy and carbohydrates as it also helps to keep you satiated for a longer period of time.
Benefits of Sabudana Khichdi
- 100% pure and natural: Sabudana pearls are made from tropical palm stem starch that is soft, fluffy, gluten-free and delicious in both savoury and sweet meals
- Boosts energy: Sabudana khichdi is high in carbohydrates and low in fat content. It consists of simple sugars like fructose and glucose, which are easily digestible and provide instant energy.
- Helps in weight gain: Sabudana is a good source of carbohydrates and would be very helpful for skinny people who have trouble gaining weight. It is rich in calcium which helps in keeping the bones healthy and strong.
- Improves digestion: The presence of dietary fibre in sago helps in preventing constipation and digestive disorders like irritable bowel syndrome
- Protects against cardiovascular diseases: The fibre in sabudana can help reduce the levels of bad cholesterol and the risk of stroke, heart attack and other cardiovascular diseases. It contains no cholesterol or saturated fat and hence, can be consumed by people with heart problems
- Quality assured: Organically grown without the use of pesticides, fertilisers residue, it is certified organic by India Organic, USDA Organic, Onecert and Jaivik Bharat
Also Check: Crushed Wheat (Dalia)