White Peas / Safed Matar – 1 kg
- 100% organic White Peas
- Prevent anaemia
- Improve your heart health
- Strengthens bones and teeth
- Premium quality assured
Availability: 12 in stock
- 100% organic White Peas: Organically grown white pea with no added chemicals whatsoever, not even pesticides, fertilisers, artificial colourants or synthetic additives are used
- Prevent anaemia: White peas contain iron, which is an important mineral for healthy blood. Iron helps to make red blood cells, which carry oxygen to all parts of the body. This in turn, helps to lower down the risk of anaemia, which leads to fatigue and an increased risk of infection
- Improve your heart health: It have soluble fibre that lowers cholesterol levels. Consuming these soluble fibre found in white peas may lower the risk of heart disease
- Strengthens bones and teeth: White peas have high levels of calcium and phosphorus which play a vital role in building strong bones and teeth. The combination of these minerals makes white peas an excellent dietary addition for those suffering from osteoporosis or weak bones
- Premium quality assured: The organic dal undergoes various testings from reputed multiple agencies and is certified organic by India Organic, USDA Organic, Onecert and Jaivik Bharat
Herms Nature White Peas are 100% pure and natural, small, immature green peas that have been dried. They’re an important part of Indian cuisine and are grown throughout the country. White pea also known as safed matar is an excellent source of fibre, folate and vitamin B6. In addition, they contain many phytonutrients that promote health.
White peas are considered as the healthiest food you can eat. Peas are rich in vitamin B, iron, calcium, magnesium and potassium. They are an excellent source of carbohydrates and vegetable protein. The vitamins A and C found in peas act as antioxidants that help fight off free radicals which can cause cancer. The soluble fibre found in peas slows down the absorption of sugar into your bloodstream, helping to keep blood sugar levels low. This makes peas a great food choice for diabetics or anyone with blood sugar issues. Loaded with rich Vitamin C, it helps to boost immunity by increasing the production of white blood cells that destroy harmful pathogens. This helps the body fight against infections such as colds, flu, cough and fever.
White peas are a very good source of protein which helps in building muscle mass and gives energy, as well as strength to the body. People who want to stay fit by losing weight also consume white pea, since it has very low fat content. Apart from being a great source of dietary fibre, white peas also have high water content. Both these factors make this ideal for consumption during constipation and other digestive disorders. A cup of cooked white peas provides 18 grams of protein, which makes up more than 30% of the daily recommended intake. They are used in many Indian recipes and can be enjoyed in soups, salads, chole kulche or as a savoury side dish.